All for God

Omnia pro Deo, or "All for God", reveals the thoughts and observations of one who is on a spiritual journey. This journey is of the Order of the Present Moment, in which the moments have unfolded throughout a life drawing closer to God. A spiritual journal includes thoughts and emotions, but also the physical interactions in the temporal world as this world intersects with the supernatural world of the soul.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Feast of the Visitation

On this July 2, Feast of the Visitation, the Virgin Mary went to visit her kinswoman Elizabeth. Both women bore within new life. Mary's womb was tabernacle for the Son of God; Elizabeth held the greatest prophet born of woman, John the Baptist.

On this day, I leave this country of my people to visit the land of the Spanish mystics and before, the land where St. James spread the Word of God after Jesus lived and died and resurrected.

This is how it is for me: a life lived, a death, and now a resurrection. I am entering into a new phase, seeking God's will, seeking His mission for whatever days, months, or years remaining. Going to visit St. Teresa of Avila in Spain, to meet in a deep and spiritual sense both she and St. John of the Cross and any other holy souls of the Church Triumphant, Church Suffering and Church Militant, means to be open to learning how to proceed, all for God. I have no expectations. I have no desires except the will of God. I have no ambitions except to help bring souls to Christ and His Holy Catholic Church, in whatever way He chooses to use me.

The Blessed Virgin Mary remained in the hill country for approximately three months, until after the birth of John the Baptist. She returned to her loved ones and prepared to birth the Christ Child. She knew not what to expect; she proceeded in faith and hope and love.

I pray to remain in Avila for three months, until after I have learned what it is God desires of me and after I have fulfilled the service of prayer and penance for those who desire or have need of whatever God wills of my will. I must proceed in faith, hope, and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home