All for God

Omnia pro Deo, or "All for God", reveals the thoughts and observations of one who is on a spiritual journey. This journey is of the Order of the Present Moment, in which the moments have unfolded throughout a life drawing closer to God. A spiritual journal includes thoughts and emotions, but also the physical interactions in the temporal world as this world intersects with the supernatural world of the soul.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Kiss of the Divine Mouth

It has been several weeks since writing. My laptop wouldn't function. It is taking a long time for repair, so I am blessed to be able to get another laptop. Even this laptop had its ordeal within me, for I panicked and felt I should take it back. Computers can be overwhelming to one who does not belong in this world. However, I am determined to learn something about this laptop so as to complete some writing and ideas for furthering the Faith, for anyone who is interested.

There have been many thoughts in the past weeks, and many of them will remain just that: thoughts. They have floated by in the waters. This morning I read in the Divine Office, in the Office of Readings, some thoughts by St. Columban, abbot. He asked God that "our love be so great that the many waters of sky, land and sea cannot extinquish it in us: many waters could not extinquish love." This thought reminds me of something St. Padre Pio wrote in a letter to his spiritual daughter, Raffaelina Cerase, back on April 8, 1915.

Padre Pio wrote several paragraphs on love and on the desire to be kissed by the Divine Mouth. He wrote so much about this kiss and how wonderful it truly is, and to receive this kiss from God's Mouth, that I have been praying for this kiss, as well. It all has to do with love, and in love a kiss is a sign of intimate love--a kiss on the mouth, anyway. I'm not sure in what way this kiss will come. Will I feel it on my mouth? Will it be at that level of physical sensation or will it come interiorly, in a deeply loving experience of interchange with the Holy Spirit? The way Padre Pio describes the effects make me believe that it will be an obvious kiss of the Divine Mouth, should God decide to kiss me. Maybe He will kiss my heart and not my mouth.

In the past couple of weeks I experienced hell for several days. I can't describe it, and I don't want to think about it. Just know that hell is very real and horrible. It is so empty and dark and disturbing that no one would ever want to experience it even for a short while. Total confusion lives there, in a deadness that kills anything hopeful.

Here at Panera this morning a woman began talking about her pain and her back and neck surgeries several years ago. We had much in common except that she has health insurance and a husband and is working. She takes medications in order to keep going for her work in a medical office. After listening to her experience, I decided God knows what He is doing in not having me be insurable, and I doubt I could work a consistent job, even though awhile ago I had energy and thought maybe I could do part-time work. I would need strong medications to keep going, and I do not have these. Nor would I want the side effects of the medications that seemed to affect this woman today.

So, I will count on love and my Beloved, and trust that many waters will not extinguish love. The waters of suffering cannot extinguish love because it is suffering which is perhaps the kiss of the Divine Mouth. It is these very waters which flow into and feed and baptize the pain which is love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home