Look Into the Sacred Heart

This message is one to ponder. It seems simple at the outset, but to "look" requires some thought and effort, in itself. Then one must consider the Sacred Heart, and That is eternally deep and meditative--as well as simple in the onset!
Look up "look"! The definition is surprisingly extensive. Look derives from German dialect, the word lugen which means "peep." In its simplicity, "look" means to direct one's gaze toward someone or something in a specified direction. Then follows various aspects of looking.
Additional facets of "look":
- have a view or outlook in specified direction
- look through, or ignore someone by pretending not to see
- express or show something by one's gaze, e.g. "look a question"
- look something over; inspect something quickly to establish its merits
- look through; peruse a book or written material
- look around; move around in order to view what is contained therein
- look at/on, as in thinking of or regarding in a specified way
- look at; examine a matter and consider what action to take, or not take
- look into; investigate
- look for; attempt to find
"Look, this is ridiculous, " you might say. I maintain, however, that it is important to "look into" the word look because I am told from the Holy Spirit to look into the Sacred Heart. We proceed.
"Look" may be used as a noun (act of looking) in addition to the above exclamational "look!". Numerous look-phrases grace our language, as well. Look alive, look down one's nose at, look sharp, look someone in the eye, look someone up and down, look forward to, lookk in, look on, look back, look up, look out for, look up to--these and many more such look phrases and phrasal verbs provide more than enough example that "look" is not a word to be overlooked.
I won't go into the word "into." The idea implants itself: I must investigate thoroughly, attempt to find meaning, peruse written materials, direct my gaze upon, examine and consider what action to take, view from various angles, and think of or regard in specified ways, and inspect to establish merits...the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
If anything, the "into" requires me--while and after looking--to go within, to go deep, to not remain on the surface of any facet or aspect of the Sacred Heart.
What and who is in the Sacred Heart? I see much and all; I see many souls and reflections. I see love, mercy, hope, faith.... I see all Creation, all those created in the image and likeness of God, all that is past, present, future, whole of the I AM. I see it all so much that I cannot grasp the seeing, the looking into. I know it in faith more than I can look it with mind. And that faith knowing is blinded by my humanity.
Thus, I look into the Sacred Heart as one just beginning, as one learning to first open eyes of outer sight and inner sight, then match sight with comprehension as symbols and meaning, as sensations and synapse. Light flies in sparkling dark such that looking into requires also existing in the Sacred Heart and all is not so comprehensible but can be. Of course it can.
The "look into" starts a feeling; the feeling becomes a thought; the thought is a seed that grows in mystery and dark warmth in the humus earth-womb galaxy of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home