All for God

Omnia pro Deo, or "All for God", reveals the thoughts and observations of one who is on a spiritual journey. This journey is of the Order of the Present Moment, in which the moments have unfolded throughout a life drawing closer to God. A spiritual journal includes thoughts and emotions, but also the physical interactions in the temporal world as this world intersects with the supernatural world of the soul.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Making Little Things Happen for the Big Great God

The recent weeks whirl in swirls of marvelous controversies. No longer do I consider controversies to be negativities. They are Jesus making things happen.

No longer do I fear unacceptability. No longer do I cringe from being misunderstood or termed intense. No longer do I avoid those who react harshly to the every-day working out of supernatural realities.

No longer do I, however, poke the left temporal lobes of those who cannot perceive or fathom the real-life livability of supernatural realities of God beyond theoretical theology, marvelous as the theoretical is.

Liberty given to the Big Great God magnifies the soul in spirit to beloved slavery. Freedom grows in fertile soul soil manifested in following Jesus Who made and makes things happen not only interiorly but exteriorly, in our realm and daily lives.

To follow Jesus requires imitating His making things happen. Making things happen requires faith, hope, and charity--and a daring to be free in Christ Jesus through the Holy Spirit, offering self and willingness to die to self, to God the Father. Consecrating oneself to Jesus is best and most simply accomplished through consecration to His Mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.

It all intertwines like Morning Glories growing on a chain-link fence.

What have I learned from the recent, amazing turn-of-events? Beyond my wildest imagination I had not anticipated that God would bring such openness, forgiveness, goodness, and HOPE to the situation of one whose soul is infiltrated by affliction and suffering, demonic obsessions of a nasty sort, and yet a desire to be healed--once the truth was revealed to the very few who needed to know.

And all this required beyond verbal, mental and infused prayer, action in small, daring ways.

Making things happen: I had to make things happen no matter the mockery it would bring to my pathetic self-image. So what if the holy who-who's think I'm extreme, or too intense, or over-reactionary? They are not inside my body, mind, heart and soul. They have not been told to "Think with your heart! Think with your heart! Think with your heart!"

They have not been given a second opportunity, a re-testing, a new trial-run at an assignment that has been heartbreaking at least and stubborn at most.

I had neglected my child-charge, in symbolic description, and now I must not ever do that again. I told the assignee the other night that even if it takes the rest of my life and into eternity, that even if I am abruptly called off the assignment in visible form, I will not cease prayers in confidence for his total liberation from that which hinders his soul. Even if he fails time and again, or gives up, I must continue prayers and penance.

And this is so with all for whom I pray and encounter in this realm and the other. And this takes intensity.

Will I shrink from sharing in confession with those who cannot fathom and are confused by the bizarre circumstances? No. But I will not be uncharitable in stretching left-temporal lobed thinkers beyond their brain-casings. What is critical for me, though, is to NOT REACT when slammed, dunked, and riddled by shooting sarcasm.

As I mentioned to the Vicar General the other morning, my sin is in yet having been even slightly concerned of being considered over-reactionary, of having banged the gong against something that would likely have occurred had I not intensely riled the Bishop: Had I not made good things happen before other terrible things could have happened.

So what if they now tend to discount any future warnings? I will not be intimidated by my ego and pride from making little things happen when bad things threaten.

Fr. Jonas of Nigeria spoke the other morning of how Jesus did and still does "make things happen." He said if we are followers of Jesus, we must be of this type of person: one who makes things happen in our world, for God, for good, in faith, hope, and love.

I'd rather be despised, ridiculed, and ignored than to risk not making even the smallest of good things happen. Herein lies the deep roots of liberation from this world and great growth in accepting the joy of the Cross.

Lest I ever forget, I work for the Lord. If His work coincides with the attitudes of men, of holy men, then this is beautiful! If His work is not comprehended by even holy men, then I must do the work all the same. Quietly, meekly, hiddenly or openly--one who is free in truth and a slave to Jesus and His Mother, works with total abandonment to Divine Providence.

Dear Jesus and Mother Mary, help me to henceforth and into all eternity, through the power of the Holy Spirit, in joyous comaraderie with the angels and saints, make little things happen for the Big Great God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home