News
Besides the sorrowful news of no progress in the hunt for the abducted little Madeleine McCann of England, I received word from the most recent assignment.
He needs prayers! He is making miniscule progress against inner demons, but he is making progress! Praise God Almighty! When the very busy and holy Rector/Vicar General/Chancellor commented to me that he is still praying for F., I was inspired and thankful for the reminder of steadfastness in prayer. So I e-mailed F., and he responded with the glimmer of hope. He says he and his family will only survive these times they are going through, by prayer. The VG commented, when I told him, that prayer is very powerful.
The reality of how powerful must be brought to the fore, to the conscious mind, more often!
I awoke in the wee hours and lay there, looking out at the world, the pond, the trains, the dawning day. On the way to Mass I noticed the busses at the bus station, the poor people needing rides, and felt I could weep easily thinking about the people in our world, feeling as physically pained or more than I, and with no comfort and ease of transportation as I have, thanks to my mother's purchasing me a good-riding car prior to her death. But, I bucked up, as I thought of the VG and his steadfastness in seemingly all he does, in so many major roles of a Diocese, and knowing of so many horrible problems--and probably listens to the news, also.
I don't listen to the news. I only know of little Madeleine through friends who e-mailed me from the UK. I keep track daily of any updates through laptop--a site which has updates on the little girl. This case has been traumatic and riveting, for it speaks of all the little children abducted and abused, and most without parents with means and media support to keep looking when the leads seem to die out.
Anyway, I am grateful for role models, mentors, who I can observe and check myself when I might weep uncontrollably over the sorrows of the world.
If I think of the horrors that are being fought out in F.'s soul, and the suffering of his family and him, it could become overpowering. And I must keep going here at Agnus Dei, and do all for God, for there is much to be done here just in being organized. Perhaps I could pray better with order about,and discipline.
He needs prayers! He is making miniscule progress against inner demons, but he is making progress! Praise God Almighty! When the very busy and holy Rector/Vicar General/Chancellor commented to me that he is still praying for F., I was inspired and thankful for the reminder of steadfastness in prayer. So I e-mailed F., and he responded with the glimmer of hope. He says he and his family will only survive these times they are going through, by prayer. The VG commented, when I told him, that prayer is very powerful.
The reality of how powerful must be brought to the fore, to the conscious mind, more often!
I awoke in the wee hours and lay there, looking out at the world, the pond, the trains, the dawning day. On the way to Mass I noticed the busses at the bus station, the poor people needing rides, and felt I could weep easily thinking about the people in our world, feeling as physically pained or more than I, and with no comfort and ease of transportation as I have, thanks to my mother's purchasing me a good-riding car prior to her death. But, I bucked up, as I thought of the VG and his steadfastness in seemingly all he does, in so many major roles of a Diocese, and knowing of so many horrible problems--and probably listens to the news, also.
I don't listen to the news. I only know of little Madeleine through friends who e-mailed me from the UK. I keep track daily of any updates through laptop--a site which has updates on the little girl. This case has been traumatic and riveting, for it speaks of all the little children abducted and abused, and most without parents with means and media support to keep looking when the leads seem to die out.
Anyway, I am grateful for role models, mentors, who I can observe and check myself when I might weep uncontrollably over the sorrows of the world.
If I think of the horrors that are being fought out in F.'s soul, and the suffering of his family and him, it could become overpowering. And I must keep going here at Agnus Dei, and do all for God, for there is much to be done here just in being organized. Perhaps I could pray better with order about,and discipline.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home