Elizabeth de Dijon
I wonder if I've already written about this blessed holy one. I know I have mentioned her in another blog. She is a new friend, helping me with suffering, with refocusing in God, in the indwelling of the Trinity.
We all can have the Trinity within,and all the graces and blessings, the peace and joy therein. It takes much faith, of course, and having much impurity out so that the Trinity will reside in relative purity in our souls--some of which are more impure than others.
Elizabeth of the Trinity learned to be other-centered inasmuch as she learned to center on God within. She took the name "Praise of Glory" for she understood her existence as to be conformed in Christ and to become the praise of glory of God. She based her spiritual doctrine on the writings of St. Paul, particularly in Ephesians.
There was a turning point for my young friend Elizabeth. (She died at age 26, in 1906.) She turned more to God through Scripture, and through reading St. John of the Cross, St. Teresa of Avila, Ruysbruck, and a few others. But it was through St. Paul that she started to comprehend more deeply her mission and her life conformed to Christ's, and of the reality of God dwelling within her soul at all times.
Something is going on within me, and I cannot know what it is. Much physical pain and weariness, but also a slowness. Too, I wonder what is to be the outflowing of my own mission, and for this, I believe Elizabeth of the Trinity has been sent to help. But, for a major help already, she has reminded me to love this suffering as it conforms me to Christ crucified, and in that I am reminded of His own mission for our salvation. One must love to suffer for the love of God. Then one loves to suffer for all within whom God the Holy Trinity dwells.
The neighbor's adult son who lives with them, with his three-year-old son, last evening was fishing in the pond (Lake Immaculata), and he didn't catch a bass he wanted, so he started yelling expletives. Does God dwell in this young man? Is there room for God in such filthy conditions? We must pray for souls to desire cleanliness and order so God may be welcomed.
We all can have the Trinity within,and all the graces and blessings, the peace and joy therein. It takes much faith, of course, and having much impurity out so that the Trinity will reside in relative purity in our souls--some of which are more impure than others.
Elizabeth of the Trinity learned to be other-centered inasmuch as she learned to center on God within. She took the name "Praise of Glory" for she understood her existence as to be conformed in Christ and to become the praise of glory of God. She based her spiritual doctrine on the writings of St. Paul, particularly in Ephesians.
There was a turning point for my young friend Elizabeth. (She died at age 26, in 1906.) She turned more to God through Scripture, and through reading St. John of the Cross, St. Teresa of Avila, Ruysbruck, and a few others. But it was through St. Paul that she started to comprehend more deeply her mission and her life conformed to Christ's, and of the reality of God dwelling within her soul at all times.
Something is going on within me, and I cannot know what it is. Much physical pain and weariness, but also a slowness. Too, I wonder what is to be the outflowing of my own mission, and for this, I believe Elizabeth of the Trinity has been sent to help. But, for a major help already, she has reminded me to love this suffering as it conforms me to Christ crucified, and in that I am reminded of His own mission for our salvation. One must love to suffer for the love of God. Then one loves to suffer for all within whom God the Holy Trinity dwells.
The neighbor's adult son who lives with them, with his three-year-old son, last evening was fishing in the pond (Lake Immaculata), and he didn't catch a bass he wanted, so he started yelling expletives. Does God dwell in this young man? Is there room for God in such filthy conditions? We must pray for souls to desire cleanliness and order so God may be welcomed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home