All for God

Omnia pro Deo, or "All for God", reveals the thoughts and observations of one who is on a spiritual journey. This journey is of the Order of the Present Moment, in which the moments have unfolded throughout a life drawing closer to God. A spiritual journal includes thoughts and emotions, but also the physical interactions in the temporal world as this world intersects with the supernatural world of the soul.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Reminder from Mother Teresa

The newly released book chronicling Bl. Mother Teresa's interior despairs and darkness, she reveals her private vows. One is that of many spiritually endowed and motivated souls: giving all for God.

She said she made a vow to not refuse God anything He asked of her, even and especially in the small matters of life, even if it meant grinding down her very life.

Last night and this morning I thought of this, and I realized that I have gone off the narrow path. My life has become so me-oriented rather than omnia pro Deo oriented.

Many of us have told God we will do anything for Him, that we will not refuse any of His desires. We have repeated, "Lord, I have come to do Your will." "Here I am, Lord, I have come to do Your will."

But it is easy to be distracted from His will, to forget the poor, the other people out there who are poor in spirit, the people in our everyday lives who are caught up in the temporal realm, and for us to veer from the straight and narrow, also.

As I thought of these aspects of my life, and noticed how yesterday I gathered some outfits in case I get a job in the Office of Spiritual Development, and how much time was spent on thinking I must seem professional, approachable, I forgot the fact that God makes my soul professional and approachable, and the feathers on the bird will fall into place, if He desires the job something I am to do, all for Him.

I was driftinng into the depths of contemplation, and of the poor, of interacting with the poor, when the signal grace occurred. There are the poor in the clothing store, particularly the one I entered, a discount store. In these places, there can be the Kingdom of God brought to others shopping, to clerks, and in humility, seeing all the naked birds seeking feather coverings. But within, under the feathers, are souls, souls, souls. And all souls must be brought to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home