Quote on Mary's Revelation to St. Bridget: Her Life After the Ascension
"After the Ascension of my Son, I still lived a long time in the world. Such was the will of God, in order that seeing my patience and my conduct, many more souls might be converted to Him, and in order that the Apostles and other elect souls of God might be strengthened. Also the natural constitution of my being required that I should live longer and that thereby my crown might be increased.
"During the time that I lived after my Son's Ascension, I visited the places where He had suffered and where He had performed His miracles. Thus the memory of His Passion became so imprinted on my heart that it ever remained quite fresh in my mind, whether I happened to be eating or working.
"My senses were so completely withdrawn from worldly things that I constantly alternated between new supernatural yearnings and sorrows. Yet I controlled my grief and my joy in such a way that I did not neglect any of my duties toward God. My way of life among people was such that apart from my scanty meals I paid no attention to what human beings thought of me or expected me to do."
From Mary as Seen by the Mystics, comp. by Raphael Brown (TAN), p. 244.
"During the time that I lived after my Son's Ascension, I visited the places where He had suffered and where He had performed His miracles. Thus the memory of His Passion became so imprinted on my heart that it ever remained quite fresh in my mind, whether I happened to be eating or working.
"My senses were so completely withdrawn from worldly things that I constantly alternated between new supernatural yearnings and sorrows. Yet I controlled my grief and my joy in such a way that I did not neglect any of my duties toward God. My way of life among people was such that apart from my scanty meals I paid no attention to what human beings thought of me or expected me to do."
From Mary as Seen by the Mystics, comp. by Raphael Brown (TAN), p. 244.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home